femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] Constructing 2D domain

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] Constructing 2D domain
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:28:33 +0100

Sebastian Sturm <address@hidden> writes:

> On a side note, I had problems installing OpenDX using macports and
> since it seems to be abandonware anyway, I'd rather do without it.

Also on a sidenote: I just installed OpenDX using Macports on MacOS
10.6, ignored the note reading

   "Warning: violation by /opt/local/dx
    Warning: opendx violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
    Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is
    intended), it will be an error in future releases!"

and tried it with Femlisp.  It worked fine, although I had to set the
path to DX manually:

    * (setq fl.graphic::*dx-pathname* #p"/opt/local/bin/dx")

    #P"/opt/local/bin/dx"
    * (setq fl.plot::*plot* t)

    * (plot (n-cube 2))

Since fast interactive plotting is very useful I would recommend trying
it again.

Nicolas