femlisp-user

[femlisp-user] Which Mesher?

From: Todd Pierce
Subject: [femlisp-user] Which Mesher?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 16:52:03 -0700

Hello,

I am developing a natural language processor which (hopefully) will have some FEM (maybe CFD?) capabilities.   Presently, I'm trying to figure out the best way to create the CAD models and mesh them completely from the command line.

Obviously, pointing and clicking on things is not going to work since the CAD/mesh product will have to receive input (in its native language) from my program through a pipe or similar stream.

I have had some luck doing this with GMSH.  There is an interactive.cpp program which gives GMSH a command line and meshes come out great.  Not sure if it's the best solution though.

My question is, would the meshes generated (.msh files discussed here: http://www.geuz.org/pipermail/gmsh/2010/005329.html) be compatible with FEMLisp?  Is there a better way to approach creating a CAD model and meshing it from the command line?

-Todd