Re: [Fenfire-dev] RDF traversal utility methods

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] RDF traversal utility methods
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:19:07 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 01:07:55PM +0300, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> > > Tuukka: we can certainly add findN_AAX_Iter if you like
> >
> > I think I'd like. But for sure I was wondering if there has been a reason
> > to omit it.
>
> The less there are, the less indices there need to be.

Now I see - adding findN_AAX_Iter would require ind_210? I suppose it's
not worth it, as AAX and XAA are not needed in practice, at least not at
the moment. In Traversals, I should rather modify findComponents to get
the initial node set as an iterator, so the caller can limit it to its
needs.

(Graphs.toModel uses XAA, but couldn't the same functionality be
implemented inside HashGraph without it?)

By the way, a concatenating iterator similar to the one in Traversals
would be useful in other places as well. At least it allowed me to
simplify using non-directed properties, combining iterations of 11X and
X11 into one.

> > As HashGraph uses HashMap-provided iterators, I suppose they permit
> > calling their remove() method. But as there are three HashMaps whose
> > entries must be updated during removal, I don't think calling remove()
> > would be wise.
>
> Exactly.

Where to mention this in the docs?

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden