[Fenfire-dev] LEGO -controllers into real use

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] LEGO -controllers into real use
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:43:28 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I may have been a little skeptic about, do we really ever have a real
usage for our LEGO controllers. Now, when it has really been possible to
try working Fenfire applitudes (FenPDF, MM), I'm encouraged to admit that
we might truly have :) The horizontal wheel of "the red controller" felt
quite natural to turn MM's graph structure view. On the other hand, I was
quite quickly frustrated to use mouse (right mouse button drag) for
zooming and adjusting fisheye in PDF.

I really would like to take the red controller home, if you don't mind.
Although, most of it's LEGO bricks are mine (well, not any of the liftarms
and the USB mouse). Of course, I would still give it back for demos
(actually, I'm afraid that Tuomas takes it first, since those
important demos are closing :).

Some bindings I would prefer:

MM:
        left  arm: fillet length
        right arm: zoom (this is currently used for fillet width)
        hor wheel: turn

FenPDF
        left  arm: fisheye
        right arm: zoom
        hor wheel: next/prev element on active view

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>