[Fenfire-dev] IT WORKS!!!!

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] IT WORKS!!!!
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:17:24 +0300

I spent the train trip back reading and arranging HT'02 articles.

I must say that FenPDF, even with the crashes and UI twitches is
still a REALLY nice system to use.

It was absolutely wonderful, finding a passage in an article and
transcluding it to a relevant canvas -

        1) no need to use any "handles" for the document, like
        file names, icons, or citations -- JUST THE DOC ITSELF!

        2) easy (a bit awkward with the bindings right now) drop-in
        of piece

        3) connections are then all the way from the relevant location
        to the "HT02" category

This is really something.

I'm thinking no-one in the history of computing has been closer to MEMEX
than we are now.

It is so absolutely fantastic to see that we have not worked in vain.

        Tuomas