Re: [Fenfire-dev] Re: [ff-cvs] fenfire/org/fenfire demo/mm.py fenmm/MMGe

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Re: [ff-cvs] fenfire/org/fenfire demo/mm.py fenmm/MMGeometry...
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:29:12 +0300 (EEST)

Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Tuomas Lukka kirjoitti:
> >     tuning geometry, unfortunately usable maximum depth seems to be only 3
> > :(
> How do you mean? This might well be something we could easily fix.

I made a "real data" mind map during Virtual University seminar on monday
and as I entered it to MM the geometry got quickly messy with greater
depth :(

Although, I'm not convinced that making the geometry more complex is a
solution either. The current geometry is still quite simple and - most
important - it stays fixed when traversing along the map. I'm afraid that
more flexible/intelligent geometry (e.g. those constraints, Tuukkah keeps
talking about :) would be hard to keep fixed.

Well, that's why the current MM should be only a structure view and it
needs the possibility to *draw* final maps onto paper canvas.

And should get this version work before starting from the scratch again :)

--
Asko Soukka <address@hidden>
<http://www.iki.fi/asko.soukka/>