Re: [Fenfire-dev] about "import image" Alph side

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] about "import image" Alph side
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 14:11:21 +0300

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 02:21:00PM +0300, Asko Soukka wrote:
> AFAIK, we have code ready only for handling PNG, for now.

Well, other image types only need the ImageSize code for them to work.

> Yesterday Tuomas explained the creation of ImageScrollBlockImager
> on the base of PageScrollBlockImager. I think, that implies the creation
> of interface ImageScrollBlock (extending ScrollBlock), which identifies
> the imported image and provides interfaces compatible for current code.
> I'm not sure what these are... should it be similar to PageScrollBlock?

There is no need for ImageScrollBlock. PageScrollBlock exists only so that
there's the method to get directly a page span for a given page.
For image scrolls, getCurrent() is sufficient.

> Then there already exists SimpleImageScroll. As PageScrollBlock is
> implemented by PageImageScroll, it sound analog to make SimpleImageScroll
> implement ImageScrollBlock? And SpanSerializer should make to serialize
> SimpleImageSpan?

SimpleImageScroll is all you need on the alph side, I think, except for
recognizing
some more MIME types.

        Tuomas