Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG swamp_easier--benja: An easier API for Swamp

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG swamp_easier--benja: An easier API for Swamp
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:56:52 +0300

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
ARGH. Didn't I make myself clear? I want these to be **replaced** by the TripleIter method(s). The PEG proposes all current methods in Graph/ConstGraph dealing with getting/adding/removing triples to be replaced by those in the PEG.

Well, this certainly wasn't explicitly mentioned in the PEG.

Ok-- miscommunication. I said "shall have the following API for getting triples" and all was clear to me ;) ;)

I'd prefer to have both, and to deprecate the _Iter methods - for now.
There's a lot of code that uses _iter right now...

Yes, and that code would get more readable to me if it was changed to TriplesIter :-) so I would really like to have that :-)

I'll volunteer changing the existing code. Ok?

I still prefer subj, pred, obj...

Hm, ok. subj, pred, obj it is. (Because I can pronounce these in German or Finnish ;-) )

[more than one triple in ``getObject()`` etc.]
Jena returns just an arbitrary one of the matching triples in a similar situation; I'm leaning towards that.

I'd *really* hate that one -- I'd prefer swamp to have totally clear
semantics, with the only arbitrary thing being the order in which a set
is iterated through.

Hmm. Any ideas, then? Maybe remove ``getObject()`` etc.?

- Benja