Re: issues with arch? Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG: tla fixed

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: issues with arch? Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG: tla fixed
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 08:35:13 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> > What mudyc and jvk suggest in the other mail are excellent suggestions;
> > I say we try them.  Tuukkah: could you adjust archbot accordingly?
>
> Actually what features do we want added to the current situation?

We were discussing with Janne and have some thoughts of tla:

1) Diff to commit message must be seen with one or two mouse clicks.
   Commit message has an url and via cgi script you can watch the diff
   with your browser.

       - improvement to cvs: cvs-commits list is too slow.

For example:
17:55 -archbot:#fenfire- address@hidden/libvob--kuu--0.1--patch-32: Indirect
texture
          binder object, for use in paper and possibly elsewhere
(src/main/IndirectTexture.cxx+
          include/vob/IndirectTexture.hxx src/jni/Makefile src/main/Makefile)

would be something like:
17:55 -archbot:#fenfire- tjl:
himalia.it.jyu.fi/cgi-bin/libvob--kuu--0.1--patch-31&32
          Indirect texture binder object, for use in paper and possibly
elsewhere
          (+src/main/IndirectTexture.cxx include/vob/IndirectTexture.hxx
          src/jni/Makefile src/main/Makefile)

So you would see the difference between patch 31 and 32.
(I would like if there are added files, them should be opened to real
code, not just 'A foo/bar.cxx')

2) With special message, i.e., "Merge", the master of arch tree should
   start merging process and diff to commits-list should be generated
   with master's note, like: 'Accepted, Not accepted: reason, etc..'

so:

Developer                                  Master of current source tree
Makes changes and
commits with "Merge"
request.
      ---------- Some program send an email to. -------->