Re: issues with arch? Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG: tla fixed

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: issues with arch? Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG: tla fixed
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:21:48 +0300

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 08:35:13AM +0300, Matti Katila wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> > > What mudyc and jvk suggest in the other mail are excellent suggestions;
> > > I say we try them.  Tuukkah: could you adjust archbot accordingly?
> >
> > Actually what features do we want added to the current situation?
>
> We were discussing with Janne and have some thoughts of tla:
>
> 1) Diff to commit message must be seen with one or two mouse clicks.
>    Commit message has an url and via cgi script you can watch the diff
>    with your browser.
>
>        - improvement to cvs: cvs-commits list is too slow.
>
> For example:
> 17:55 -archbot:#fenfire- address@hidden/libvob--kuu--0.1--patch-32: Indirect
> texture
>           binder object, for use in paper and possibly elsewhere
> (src/main/IndirectTexture.cxx+
>           include/vob/IndirectTexture.hxx src/jni/Makefile src/main/Makefile)
>
> would be something like:
> 17:55 -archbot:#fenfire- tjl:
> himalia.it.jyu.fi/cgi-bin/libvob--kuu--0.1--patch-31&32
>           Indirect texture binder object, for use in paper and possibly
> elsewhere
>           (+src/main/IndirectTexture.cxx include/vob/IndirectTexture.hxx
>           src/jni/Makefile src/main/Makefile)

First: can't be like that, *need* to qualify with the archive name
address@hidden/

Branches aren't unique

Second: are you aware of "tla get-patch" to which you can paste the revision
and get a changeset
and then do "tla show-changeset"?

Maybe a 3-line script would be good?

> So you would see the difference between patch 31 and 32.
> (I would like if there are added files, them should be opened to real
> code, not just 'A foo/bar.cxx')

Ok, show-changeset doesn't do that properly, and I agree with you there.
The question is: our own web command or patch tla to give that output?

> 2) With special message, i.e., "Merge", the master of arch tree should
>    start merging process and diff to commits-list should be generated
>    with master's note, like: 'Accepted, Not accepted: reason, etc..'

Umm, I can do that part by hand ATM, it's not so bad yet.
Later on, this might be a nice system.

> so:

> Developer                                  Master of current source tree
> Makes changes and
> commits with "Merge"
> request.
>       ---------- Some program send an email to. -------->