Re: [Fenfire-dev] RDF

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] RDF
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:49:24 +0200

Matti Katila wrote:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Benjamin-Elias Fallenstein wrote:
Could we first figure out which (newly created) triples should go into which
graph when saving? This seems to be the hard question for me-- the rest then
is relatively easy.

Ideas?

Obiviously in the graph which you have read/write access?
Sure, we should share graphs between developers and give write access to people who we trust.

I thought that the point was that you have (for example) write access to both the literature.rdf in CVS and your own local .rdf, and you want to be able to keep some canvases &c private and have some public.

So if this is just about, you do *not* have write access to literature.rdf but you do have write access to your own .rdf, and you want to see the canvases from literature.rdf in your own space, and you want all your changes to go into your own .rdf, it seems pretty simple. But what's the point of doing so?

So, how about thinking that cvs has not the changes what I have in my computer but I have write access to my local filesystem and cvs.

Well, then you have two graphs you have write access to, so you do have the problem.

We can think that change is something like new file to make any point in here.

Sorry, I don't understand?

Now we have analogue to create new rdf graph for change(s) and the "cvs" graph exist also. By setting the new graph "active" and inactivate the cvs graph all new triplets go only in new graph.

Are you saying we should have two "modes"-- in one mode, all changes we do go to literature.rdf, in the other mode, all changes go to our own .rdf?

Let's have storm-block-id for new graph and id for "cvs" graph
and we can put the union in our system but still easily separate
graphs with reification. So we need to change our system to do the reification on the fly while importing rdf graphs by storm-block-id.

I don't follow, but can we keep this discussion for later? As I said, it seems to me that the problem is to figure out how to make the right information go to the right graphs, without too much effort from the user or programmer-- the rest is probably straightforward in comparison.

- Benja