Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Goal

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Goal
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:27:20 +0200

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 06:46:18PM +0200, Matti Katila wrote:

> Well, it's have been so quiet on list so I would raise a question:
> What's the next goal for Fenfire project? (I think we catch the last one
> which was FenPDF 1.0)

No, we certainly didn't catch it yet. There is no version of FenPDF
that someone can easily download and start using. We have a long way
to go.

We have the FenPDF User Interface Specification 1.0 and extensions.
The implementation is not yet there.

We should concentrate for some timespan to polish FenPDF, get
all the bugs (invalid coordsys, ...) out and make it stable and
useful to others.

> I would expect the goal to depend somehow of FenPDF. Others in my mind
> are (not in any order):
>
> - apple port
> - 1.1 specification for fenpdf
> - using storm to store rdf
> - scanning pictures into fenpdf
> - ui enhacements:
>      - multiple focis
>          - implement normal window system operations, e.g.,
>            changing size and moving of irregular fragments
>      - more speed
>      - no invalid cs bug (does it still exists?)
> - applitude thinking, fenmm integration with fenpdf
> - new ideas?

These are all very relevant. But the main focus should be on FenPDF
*implementation*
1.0 for now.

        Tuomas