Re: [Fenfire-dev] Positioning transclusion buois

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Positioning transclusion buois
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:15:50 +0200

perjantaina,  5. joulukuuta 2003 klo 16:13, Matti Katila kirjoitti:
> > I have also been confused many times that when moving any object, the
> > new cursor location will be set to the top left corner of the
> > object. Well, fixing this needs store objects' coordinates  where it
> > was clicked (and selected) in the first place.
> I know this issue but did not brother to fix it yet.
>
> There was no definitely right answer how this should be handled
> when moving the node from foci which zoom is 0.5 to another foci which
> zoom is 10 for example. Of course, you know where from you can find the
> source and commit fixes.

Yes, I understand the problem. Maybe this should be delayed until the
next "development iteration" for FenPDF. I mean that, the "right
solution", might need some changes also to the architecture
(e.g. where the click coordinates and zoom state are stored).

But what about my first problem? Is nadir optimized to bring the buoy
most close when the top left corner (0,0) of the transclusion is
centered? Not when the center of the transclusion is centered?

-Asko