[Fenfire-dev] gl loom

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] gl loom
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:38:23 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

I tested shortly loom with GL and vobscene creation time was from 200
to 500 milliseconds. I don't think that we should try to put our
energy to optimize anything from c++'s side. Yeah, it's not fast enough
but that might take too much time even try to figure out the
bottlenecks.

I also think that we have not got enough machines to make such a test
where every machine would perform well. Like I said, 2.6 kernel has 10
times faster context-switching and it might help a bit. We may try it
next.

   -Matti