Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:07:03 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Asko Soukka wrote:
> sunnuntaina, 23. toukokuuta 2004 klo 17:32, Benja Fallenstein kirjoitti:
> > We talked about this on IRC and Antti-Juhani suggested 50 or 100 Euros.

We have consensus of 100 Euros this far.

> Sounds fine for me. Actually, I could be interested to become a member
> with even a couple of shares for that price.

That sounds great.

> Of course, I want to be sure that the rules are legal

First you need to read the Co-operative Act and then use your time or are
you volyntary to pay for a lawyer to proof read it?-)

>, there will be no conflict with the university and

I don't know what you mean with conflict in this case.

> that my sharea are the everything I can lost in the worst
> case scenario :-)

"...direct criminal actions always fall on the persons who have executed
them (in your case perhaps on the board members or the managing director
of your cooperative). It might also fall on any employee of the
cooperative."
"In the question about the patent, you could be personally liable if the
court sees that you have intentionally infringed on the patent or have
done so with carelessness (e.g. no examination whether the programs
you are using are secured by patents)."

So we are finding a way to do things without carelessness and non
intentionally. You know, do the right thing.

> Have you already discussed with the University lawye (Sanna Järvelin)
> about this?

We have reserved a appointment with start-up lawyer, we do tell more after
Wednesday.

   -Matti