Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative

From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire Co-operative
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:26:54 +0300

On 20040525T000301+0300, Asko Soukka wrote:
> Sounds fine for me. Actually, I could be interested to become a member
> with even a couple of shares for that price. Of course, I want to be
> sure that the rules are legal, there will be no conflict with the
> university and that my sharea are the everything I can lost in the worst
> case scenario :-)

Registered coops are limited-liability companies, and the legality of the bylaws
is tested by the registration process.  A member who is not on the board
cannot be liable for more than eir shares.

There is a treshold number of members such that a lower number makes the
members enterprisers, which has negative reprecussions on people who are
receiving unemployment benefits or are employed elsewhere, and a higher
number makes members simply investors or beneficiaries without a
connotation of enterpreneurism.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho                  http://www.kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/

        Julkinen päiväkirja - http://kaijanaho.info/antti-juhani/diary/