Re: [Fenfire-dev] Summary regarding single branch

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Summary regarding single branch
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:30:50 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> example, copying+pasting an RDF writer from Fenfire into Loom because I
> need to add a feature to it, modify it there, and then after some time
> put it back to Fenfire, if it doesn't get forgotten in Loom. It's enough
> work to make our code somewhat better without artificial constraints
> like that.

My programming teacher always said that when you copy+paste you are doing
something wrong. I didn't understand why couldn't you add a new feature
without copy+paste? For example I added a simple new feature to that RDF
writer. The change was like this:

def write(graph):   to   def write(graph, outputstream=None):

to use storm's pool.getBlockOutputStream() with writer. Feature added,
though not yet commited, could you do changes like this?

   -Matti