[Fenfire-dev] Fenfire feed reader plans; Fenfire meets Gnowsis

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Fenfire feed reader plans; Fenfire meets Gnowsis
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 01:22:39 +0100

Hi,

Danny Ayers proposed on the rdf-i (RDF Interest Group) mailing list that there should be a feed reader project that demonstrates the potential of embedding arbitrary RDF data in RSS 1.0 feeds. --

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Nov/0197.html

I offered to have a go at this based on Fenfire (the non-patent-encumbered part at first), in the hope that it'll be a first deliverable that people can use. So I'll be hacking on that in December. (Of course I'll continue working on the libraries at the same time -- I'll just have a real app instead of just demos as the thing that motivates the lib improvements I make.)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Nov/0199.html

See also follow-ups.

Having this discussion also reminded me to write something about my recent visit to Kaiserslautern, where Leo Sauermann and I hooked up Gnowsis and Fenfire:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Nov/0205.html

Cheers,
- Benja