[Fenfire-dev] Re: The Fenfire demo

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Re: The Fenfire demo
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:02:10 +0100

After the trip, another status report on what I get done. (I haven't
done coding today.)

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:23:29 +0200, Benja Fallenstein
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll be off-line for two days, travelling to Germany, so we need to
> split up the work during that time. Here's what I would like to work
> on:
>
> - Structure editing

Done.

> - Better structure view

Some twids making it better, but I didn't get the thing implemented
that we discussed with Janne. However, I think the current view with
possible twids is ok for now -- I want to do better, but it seems like
an acceptable start.

> - Gnowsis integration

Done.

> - Showing buoys to non-focused nodes in spatial contexts

Done. It doesn't look pretty, though, at least in the demo, where the
two nodes on the canvas are quite close together. Needs twiddling.

> - Mainview sizing

Done. The spatial views now have a boolean-returning function that
tells whether they want to be rendered big when they're the mainview.

As requested by mudyc, I've also coded something to have drag events
go to the lob where the drag started, even when the mouse moves
outside that area. After thinking about the problem, I did the
simplest thing that could possibly work, which was to turn

    Lob.mouse(VobMouseEvent, x, y)

into

    Lob.mouse(VobMouseEvent, x, y, origX, origY)

where (origX, origY) is the point where the mouse was pressed and the
drag started. That point is used to determine which lob to dispatch
the event to.

> If I have time:
[...]

I didn't. I've done some thinking today about how to implement the
e-mail view, but no coding.

- Benja