Re: [Fenfire-dev] Yet another libvob API: LWJGL

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Yet another libvob API: LWJGL
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:47:33 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas's design as I understand it (and I'm just saying this without
> passing value judgement, because I know far too little about this area
> of coding to do so[*]) was to have O(1) (zero?) JNI calls per frame.
> We can't possibly hope to be *that* good with the Java binding
> libraries.
>
> [*] Of course, that is exactly why having the code in Java would be a
> good thing...

So what's this difference between the possibilities of Tuomas's design and
Java binding libraries? I would say in blind that we build a string or an
array of calls to make and send them as a parameter in one JNI call. I
don't see this kind of interpretAndDraw to be too specific to not go in an
OpenGL library even if it's too high-level to not work for every
application and if it's too distanced from the OpenGL API to be called a
wrapper.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden