[Fenfire-dev] Text UI in a query language

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Text UI in a query language
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:21:21 +0200 (EET)

Yet another idea: If you want a textual user interface, have you thought
of implementing a query language for that purpose? There has been talk
about textual search and perhaps also more complicated queries, and the
semantic web conferences have a plenty of papers on the query systems.
Would it make it more worthwhile if it could be used to navigate the
information in Fenfire from the command line?

I understand you've had a curses interface in mind but I got this idea as
I'm more interested in shell than curses. You'd be able to search for
nodes and display information on them. Perhaps a Brownsauce
(http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/02/05/brownsauce.html) style of aggregating
nodes would prove useful here. I assume adding nodes is trivial.

Perhaps there's a tool like this already, the idea isn't very Fenfireish.

Tuukka

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden