[Fenfire-dev] civilized disapproving

From: Rosalia Mckinney
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] civilized disapproving
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:52:17 -0500

The Boscombe Pool is thicklywooded round, with just a fringe of grass and of reeds round theedge. McCarthy was the only man alivewho had known dad in the old days in Victoria. There is as much sense in Hafiz as in Horace, and as muchknowledge of the world. It has been a case of considerable interest, he remarked,returning to his natural manner. Ifever circumstantial evidence pointed to a criminal it does sohere. That fellow willrise from crime to crime until he does something very bad, andends on a gallows. This is not such apopulous neighbourhood. Quite so; at the gold-mines, where, as I understand, Mr. Iknew the firm for which this man worked. Thereis no possible getting out of it, Mr. A jagged stone was lying amongthe moss, and this also he carefully examined and retained. He came back alone,for Lestrade was staying in lodgings in the town. We havestill time to take a train to Hereford and see him to-night? But thedeception could not be kept up forever. Having once spotted my man, it was easy to get corroboration. It is of importance that it should not rain before we are ableto go over the ground. Holmes laughed softly to himself and stretched himself out uponthe cushioned seat. That is as much as I have been able to gather about thefamilies. You may walk to the cab,and I shall be with you presently. He ran round, like a dog who is pickingup a scent, and then turned upon my companion. Never let yourself doubt upon that point. There are several other indications, but these may beenough to aid us in our search. It was from Sherlock Holmes and ranin this way:Have you a couple of days to spare? I then hurried forward, and foundhim standing by the pool. I am afraid that I am still a sceptic, hesaid. I do not think that it is probable that Ishall use the carriage to-night. We have got to the deductions and the inferences, saidLestrade, winking at me. Windibank sprang out of his chair and picked up his hat. The case is asplain as a pikestaff, and the more one goes into it the plainerit becomes. Dont you see that you alternately give himcredit for having too much imagination and too little?