[Fenfire-dev] herself

From: Robbie Paige
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] herself
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 11:21:44 -0500

Icaught a glimpse of Pamela patting her hair as she passed a mirror,slim and swift as a dryad. I changed into breeches, cut afew sandwiches, and set out for the high Downs. If he were allowed to make the experiment something musthappen. But I would beg of you to say a wordon my behalf to Sir Robert Goodeve. He had grievances against the Budget, the new ratinglaw, and the Governments agricultural policy. The experiment is to be the finalproof of his discovery. III did not have a good night; I rarely do when I have beenoverworking. Couldnt you put alittle sense into her head? Nay, I believed at the bottom of my heart thatsomething would happen. I shall not speak to them as I have spoken to you. There cant be much lookingbackward in your life. This is going to be a very peaceful party. Well, Sir Vidas came down all right, and Reggie fell onhis head and nearly cracked his skull. Dinner that evening was a pleasanter meal for me. At this I protested, but he was quick to reassure me. It must all be kept deadlysecret, of course. There was a shadow ofanxiety at the back of my mind. It appeared that he was deeply inlove, and that she was toying with his young heart. Forgive me, Mollie dear, she said, but I must carry him off. They were talking on the windowseat, and when I entered they suddenly stopped. It was as a crowning proof that he wished an experiment atFlambard. He dropped his voice as Evelyn Flambard and his terriers camenoisily into the room. It has somethingto do with a new theory of Time. She led me to a young man who was standing near the door. It is the world to whichwe penetrate after death. When I asked him about Professor Moe he replied with a respectfulgurgle. There cant be much lookingbackward in your life. He wanted the hungry and the forward-looking. You dont mean to say youve got him at Flambard? Buthe was very particular about the people he wanted. Then I must have lain awake till the little chill before dawn whichgenerally sends me to sleep. But look here,Sally, I dont like this experiment business. Oh, but you are wrong, he said seriously. I asked him what form his experiment would take.