[Fenfire-dev] insurance adjudicator

From: Rosamund Seymour
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] insurance adjudicator
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:17:16 +0300

Luke, said Harry Tugman, looking up from his paper, I wascertainly sorry to hear about Ben. The women filled the house with their moaning. Next to mybrother Ben, I was the best boy they ever had. She stood looking about fuzzily for a moment, with the blurredgentle smile on her lips. They had escaped from the prisonof death; they were joined to the bright engine of life again.
But in the distance, away on their level and above, on other hills,they saw the town. He wentin quickly and walked swiftly up the winding road that curvedaround the crest of the hill. A chant, a song, the slow dance ofthe little things within him. We want you to help us find somethingappropriate. Well, then, said Horse Hines decisively, I was going to suggestto you boys that you take this one. Luke, said Harry Tugman, looking up from his paper, I wascertainly sorry to hear about Ben.
If Id acted different, wemight have got along together.
Eliza, unmoving, sat across the bed, holding Bens hand. Wind pressed the boughs; the withered leaves were shaking.
I dont like that way of talking, boy, she said.
Below them, in the gulch, night had come. When he came to the gate of the cemetery he found it open. And painand pride and death will pass, and will not come again.
If thats the bestyouve g-g-g-got, well take it.
Were not pinching p-p-p-pennies where Bens concerned, hesaid proudly. Hugh and I have a right to our own lives. This thing is one with all carrion; it will be mixedwith the earth again. He wentin quickly and walked swiftly up the winding road that curvedaround the crest of the hill.
We want you to help us find somethingappropriate. As they drove away,Eugene peered back through the little glass in the carriage.
Youd neverhave known they were twins, she said.
The mourning women peered out of the closedcarriages at the gaping town.
Wind pressed the boughs, the withered leaves were quaking. Hes alreadygetting you measured up for one.
Wholl be coming here this time next year,I wonder?
Youd neverhave known they were twins, she said.
Youve d-d-done a fine job, said the sailor. He was a man past fifty, with apleasant red face, brown mustaches, and a gentle placid manner.
Already shes begun to pretend how much heloved her.