[Fenfire-dev] butter

From: Jean Kaiser
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] butter
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 02:27:55 +0200

Why did the sight ofhim, talking to Richard, curl her up? For herself, she scarcely ever read the papers. Why did the sight ofhim, talking to Richard, curl her up?
Consequently Aunt Beckyscompany was never dull whatever else it might be.
Lord, Lord, what a change had come over her! Little Uncle Pippin said that he wouldnt miss one of Aunt Beckyslevees for a dog-fight. There was some poor wretch sobbing, she remembered,in the waiting-room. There must be some provision in the Bill. He struck, he leapt, accurately, on the spot.
But Peter did not agree that we knownothing. It was tiring; it was noisy; but Clarissahad asked her. She felt more deeply, morepassionately, every year.
But he must stay with them for weeks and weeks. Theres Elizabeth, he said, she feels not half what we feel, notyet. I had meant to have dancing, said Clarissa. In three generations sixty Darks had been married tosixty Penhallows.
They have myriads of servants, milesof conservatories, Clarissa wrote; something like that. This will be exciting enough, said Aunt Becky.
And really Clarissas eyes filled with tears.
It was due to Richard; she had never been so happy. Everybody in the room has six sons at Eton, Peter told her,except himself. She had charm; she had extraordinary charm.
She felt more deeply, morepassionately, every year. Dalloway, we hardly dared tocome in, she said. Yet there was RichardDalloway not in the Cabinet.
Several things happened in the Dark and Penhallow clan because ofit.
And it was that thatwas between them, she was convinced.
Sally asked, that very distinguished-looking man? Little Uncle Pippin said that he wouldnt miss one of Aunt Beckyslevees for a dog-fight. He made her feel the beauty;made her feel the fun. Theywould be good beyond measure to the people on the estate, butalone, perhaps, rather dull.
The partys splendour fell to the floor, so strange it wasto come in alone in her finery. Only Richard agreed with her,didnt like his taste, didnt like his smell.