[Fenfire-dev] girdle

From: Aurora Lowe
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] girdle
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:46:04 +0200

Dick Panse was still sitting in the buggy, waiting.
I am going, he said and pointed to his suitcase.
At last, jumping into the buggy, he clicked his tongue.
John Elliot went upstairs, seeking for a place where he might liedown. Henrietta and John Elliot stood bywithout so much as stirring.
There were comings and goings in the house.
Then, shivering with the morning cold, he slipped into his clothesand kindled the fire.
Upstairs, a window was opened, and the voice of the girlenquired who was there.
Most of the time the doctor stayed on the hill.
His whimsical features were still smiling; but the smilewas bitter and resigned. Petes face, bythe light of the lamp which stood on the shelf above, looked like adeaths-head.
He camein the evening; but he did not think it necessary to make even anexamination.
Pete went over and spat out, on the snow, what he hadcoughed up.
Whats the use cramming them with algebra and French andsuch nonsense?
Whats the use cramming them with algebra and French andsuch nonsense? The doctor and Henrietta alighted and entered the shack. In the driver, John Elliot recognised Pete. Ill hitch Dolly up; or we can take Johnsbronchos.
Or had I better hitch up and drive you back to the house? John Elliot went upstairs, seeking for a place where he might liedown.
They were waitingfor word from Saskatchewan or John! Woodrow waited till they had reached the door and then switched thevery last light off. I am still single, father,she replied in a rich contralto.
Or had I better hitch up and drive you back to the house? Fifty or more were crowded intohall, dining room, parlour, kitchen, and stairway.
North of theshack, where the bush projected from the west, lay the remnant of asnow-drift. The two boys, sons of the dead man, lookeddisconcertedly serious.
When he had risen to go, Pete had detainedhim by a motion of his fingers.
About an hour or so before dinner time Henrietta came driving in abuggy.
At most times he was greatly preoccupied; for as a rule he livedwith the phantoms of the past.
I am still single, father,she replied in a rich contralto.
Then Pete entered the shack, lighted a lamp, and reappeared with alantern in his hand.
But a paroxysm of coughing stoppedhis speech.
For himself he reserved a pension offifty dollars a month for life.
All that night John Elliot sat upby the sick mans bed.
A moment later he clicked his tongue; andthey were off. Then Pete entered the shack, lighted a lamp, and reappeared with alantern in his hand. Im going to stay overthere till Im finished.