ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Referencing a point?!

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] Referencing a point?!
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:38:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stephane and others,

got a couple of questions....

1. I am aware that referencing in fem3d (actually
povray) is done based the color of the object. Is it
possible to reference a single point on an object,
based on its coordinates, on fem3d?? (For eg: can I
reference a specific point <x,y,z> on the base of a
cylinder?)

2. About the boundary conditions....I have seen that
boundary conditions are assigned to the variable that
the PDE is solved for. Is it possible to specify a
condition where we assign a value to the derivative of
that variable at a specific point on the geometry??
(For eg: can I say 'dC/dt = 5.67 on <x,y,z>' where C
is the variable being solved for in the PDE, dC/dt is
C differentiated with respect to time and <x,y,z> is
the point on the cylinder's base)

Please do clarify this for me.
Appreciate the help, thanks,
Arun.