ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Setting boundary conditions!!

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Setting boundary conditions!!
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 12:03:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stephane,

I'll try to explain my query a little clearer this
time. Among the 12 cylinders that I have, if we assume
that 1 (or more) cylinders start leaking, how do I
assign this source of leakage as a condition to solve
my PDE? From your reply, I gather that I can use the
Robin condition  (I browsed on this and found out that
it is used to solve elliptic PDEs). Will the Robin
condition be suitable for me to define the source of
leakage?

The condition that you suggested was:
u+dnu(u) = g on <0,1,0>;
Here, is 'g' supposed to represent the rate of escape
of gas from the leaking cylinder? If not, then what is
it? And how can I specify the rate of gas leakage?

The domain specification you suggested was:
domain O = domain(S, outside(<1,0,0>) and
outside(<0,1,0>));
Here, does '<1,0,0>' represent the box (container) and
'<0,1,0>' represent the leaking cylinder? If I have
more than 1 cylinder leaking, can I just use another
'and' to reference that cylinder?

One last question, is there any way for me to
reference different points on a particluar cylinder
(in order to specify the point of leakage more
accurately)?

Thank you Stephane. Best regards,
Arun.