ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Referencing within the 'union'

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] Referencing within the 'union'
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:20:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stephane and others. Got 1 question, if I have 5
figures (say 5 boxes) described within a 'union'
boolean operation, and I want to reference 1 of these
5 boxes separately, how can I do that?? I want to
define a boundary condition on 1 of these boxes,
within the domain that includes all 5 boxes. How could
I achieve this?

For those with more patience, I'll be glad if you can
read on........

Actual problem:
In the actual problem, I have 12 cylinders and one
small sphere in a 'union'. The small sphere is close
to 1 of the cylinders, its purpose is to denote a
specific part of 1 cylinder from where there is a
leak. I am trying to define a Robin condition on this
small sphere alone!!

What I tried, so far:
I have different colors (references) assigned to the
sphere, each of the 12 cylinders and a different
reference for the union of all of these too. I tried
the following....
1. ...tried exactly what you suggested in your last
reply Stephane, but that gave me an error that no cell
has reference that matches my sphere.
2. ...tried to define boundary condition on the sphere
alone, but I get an error which says that no cell has
reference that matches my sphere.
3. ...tried to union the sphere with a union of the 12
cylinders (union within a union), but this gives an
error that no object has reference that matches my
union of cylinders (reference to the inner union of 12
cylinders).

Please suggest how I can solve this problem.

Thank you very much, regards -- Arun.