ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Discrepancy in visualization

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] Discrepancy in visualization
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 05:22:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Stephane and others,

Well, I have all my code working, but still facing
trouble getting the expected behavior. I have a
geometry defined for a shipping container with several
drums inside it. The drums carry certain chemials, and
I define a robin boundary condition on one of the
drums (to indicate that it is leaking). I am solving a
diffusion equation to determine the concentration of
the chemical that has leaked, around the whole
container.

Now, my problem is that no matter which drum I define
as the leaking drum (be it in the middle or anywhere
in the container) my visualization consistently shows
that the maximum concentration of the chemical is at
one of the extreme corners of the container?!?! Could
anybody please explain this weird behavior?? The
concentration should really be highest at the source
of leakage (at the drum that is leaking) I thought.
Why am I getting the same visual constantly??

The more the suggestions the better. Thank you all.
Regards,
Arun.