ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] running an example: temperature.ff

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] running an example: temperature.ff
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:34:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I am facing a problem understanding the mesh that I
obtain. So I tried running the temperature.ff example
given. First of all, there was an error when I tried
to run it: "No cell has reference that matches (2)!".
So I tried making the mesh finer but it still didn't
work. So I just commented out the boundary condition
that referred to this figure (2).

When I ran the program after making the above change,
I got a mesh showing maximum temperatures at 2 corners
of the box. Now, I might be thinking wrong, but
shouldn't the result show me maximum concentrations at
the 1 box that is inside the bigger box, and then
spreading out from there??

The concentrations that I see are only iso-lines (on
the surface of the figure). How could I view the
temperature lines within the geometry too?

I am using medit to view the .mesh files. Please help
me understand the temperature.ff example better. Thank
you, best regards,
Arun.