ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Help-ff3d

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Help-ff3d
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:00:04 +0200

Dear Amous,

Le Jeudi 28 Juillet 2005 10:34, amous kaiser a écrit :
> I'm ingeneering and I am interested by the simulator Freefem.exe and
> specially the ff3d, my question is : when I install the freefem.exe where I
> must place or put the ff3d.exe, in the same directory?.
Up to now, Freefem++ and ff3d do not work together. They are two softwares of
the same family: ff3d tries to mimic the Freefem++'s behavior. The softwares
are completely independent, so you do not need to install both of them in a
special way.

> how I can use the ff3d.exe ? using the same graphic interface of
> freefem.exe?
Today, ff3d is still a command line-only package. You cannot use Freefem++
interface, and this might not change ... Actually, I am working on a GUI, but
it is far from being of any use.

To use ff3d you need to use a text editor and a 3D visualization package.

Best regards,
Stephane.