ff3d-users

Re: Re : [ff3d-users] magnetic modeling

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: Re : [ff3d-users] magnetic modeling
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 20:56:30 +0200

Le mardi 26 septembre 2006 11:48, Schmidt Beat a écrit :
> Thanks,
>
> I'll try with those modifications.
> The error occurred during matrix assembly and was an unknown exception.
Please send me the exact error message, so I can improve the exception
handler.

> It would be nice if one could find the information you have given me in the
> documentation. I'm new to finite element methods and the manual is somewhat
> difficult to read. A short theoretical introduction would have been
> helpful.
The manual is incomplete concerning the use of ff3d. But it will never be a
finite element manual. We give a small description of the fictitious domain
method used in ff3d since it is not very classical. But if you want to learn
finite element you will need another source ...

Best regards,
Stephane.