ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Strange error during execution

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Strange error during execution
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 00:19:59 +0100

Le lundi 18 décembre 2006 12:17, Emilio Melero García a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I have a little problem. I am running ff3d to solve a difussion problem
> inside cylinder-shaped volume. The problem is time dependent so i have used
> the forward time discretisation of the time derivative and implemented a
> code in ff3d to solve iteratively. My problem is that the code aborts after
> 5790 iterations giving out the following message ( i include the output of
> the previous iteration...)
Hello,

can you send the ff3d command file you are using?
You probably used a bad construction such as (for instance)
        function u = given_u;
        //...
        do {
                u = u + v;
        } while(...);
which keeps all the history of 'u' in the memory. This can eat all your memory
and can lead to slower evaluations of the function 'u' as the iteration
number grows...

Regards,
Stephane.