ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Strange error during execution

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Strange error during execution
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:30:57 +0100

Le mercredi 3 janvier 2007 12:09, Emilio Melero García a écrit :
> Dear Stephane,

Dear Emilio,
Happy new year.

> (apart from that memory leak i had with the code, which i have thought
> maybe it is because "merge" and "union" may have some difference at the
> end¿?¿?, i will try to check into that).
Yes. It seems to me that this memory leak occurs with the merge. Do not worry
anymore with this, I will try to fix it soon...

> However, for the future [...]
> I was wondering about interfacing with other more flexible mesh generators,
> or reading files created with other CAD tools. How are the capabilities of
> ff3d in this area?
This is indeed possible.
1) ff3d can read tetrahedra meshes generated by external tools. It reads
meshes at the INRIA 'mesh' format or for instance at the 'gmsh' format
(http://geuz.org/gmsh/). Maybe you could have a look to tetgen and netgen
also.
2) I have written the 'ofstream' that you needed to write data into text
files.
3) one can execute commands within ff3d

So, if the geometry is defined with a text file, your ff3d command file can
- generate it
- launch the external mesher
- reread the mesh

I think that this should work...

In fact I have to check that everything works since mesh refinement has not
yet been tested... The problem is that ff3d's variable life time is not
This change might not be too tricky to code, I will have a look...

Best regards,
Stephane.