ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Reading GMSH hexahedral mesh.

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Reading GMSH hexahedral mesh.
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:42:13 +0100

Cécile Giorla wrote:
Hello,
Hello.

It seems that today, ff3d cannot read GMSH's hexahedral mesh.

You are right.

Is it easily implementable?

Yes, but I am not sure it is a good idea...
I mean, interpolation of function defined on hexahedral meshes is not implemented because I do not know how to do it...

Again, if someone know to localize a point in an unstructured mesh of hexahedra, I would be glade to do it. A long ago, I have tried some technics involving Newton algorithm, but it does not always converge.

Anyway, you can solve problems on such a mesh so I can implement it. Can you give me an example of a gmsh hexahedral mesh: the best is to put a web link on a file that a can download.

Best regards,
Stephane.