ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] integer division operation

From: Emilio Melero García
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] integer division operation
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:15:05 +0200

Hello Stephane,

Thank  you very much!, that was indeed fast. I will give a try soon.

I would have now a question for all of you ff3d users, that are surely more proficient than me in CFD. I need to simulate a situation in which i have a cylinder filled with a liquid (half of it) and a gel (the other half, the inteface is parallel to the top and bottom faces of the cylinder). In the solution i have a solute that can diffuse across the junction and inside the gel. The problem inside the gel is purely diffusive, but i would like to include convection in the model of transport in the liquid part, since it seems to be necessary.

The question hence is:

The convection term is uj*(dC/dxj)  right? (C is concentration of the solute, is the variable that diffuses). However, i have no motion of the liquid in my problem (there is nothing moving the liquid, no stirring or anything similar) the only possible source of motion of the liquid, and thus of velocity, would be driven by the density difference between the liquid nearest to the interface and the liquide farthest from the interface. Do i need to solve the whole set of Naver-Stokes for newtonian liquids or there is a better way of simulating this?, Can i just set an arbitray stimated speed?? All the information i have been able to gather from the net shows solving the problem with a liquid that is in motion by an external mechanism, i.e. there is an initial velocity field.

Thank you very much for your help in advance

Emilio

2007/3/30, Stephane Del Pino <address@hidden >:
Le vendredi 30 mars 2007 12:57, Emilio Melero García a écrit:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Do you know if the c operator "%" (rest of integer division) is
> implemented?.
Hello.

This was not implemented. I have added it in the cvs release.

Best regards,
Stéphane.