ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] read a mesh from a VTK file

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] read a mesh from a VTK file
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:40:09 +0100

Dear Cécile.

I have a question about the mesh reading from a VTK file.

Up to now, ff3d does not store meshes of the boundary (this needs to be
implemented first). The second modification for the VTK storage concerns the
use of elements references. By now they are not stored but needed for a
restore. I have found no standard way to describe element references: they
seems to be stored as standard variables.

Here is my question:
Do you intend to use VTK meshes that are *not* generated by ff3d? In that case
I need to now if there is a special name that is commonly used to store
references, do you have information on that (can you send me a an example
file)?
If you just plane to restore ff3d's output, I will just chose a special name
for reference, but if you have information on a standard naming, please tell
me.

I will develop an HDF5 store/restore process in the future which will be more
appropriated.

BEst regards,
Stéphane.