ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Variational form of potential flow with free surface on

From: Thomas Ward
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Variational form of potential flow with free surface on mesh
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:55:28 +0100

Many thanks Stephane, I think I have got it now.

we choose test_fn_boundary = -test_fn_volume so that after integrating the volume integral of test_fn_volume x div(grad(phi) by parts the surface integral terms cancel out with Neumann terms of the test_fn_boundary x boundary conditions integral.

I hope to try the periodic conditions next week, its not totally clear to me how the periodic mesh becomes a periodic boundary condition but I will have a try first and then ask if I can't work it out.

Tom

Stephane Del Pino wrote:
Hello Thomas.