ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] solve problem with choleski preconditioner

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] solve problem with choleski preconditioner
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:44:24 +0100

Dear Federico,

I have looked to your problem concerning the Incomplete Choleski
preconditioner. It is very strange. In fact, the matrix size (number of lines)
is bigger than the number of degrees of freedom. Thus some lines are just
zeros. And IC fails. When you use the diagonal preconditioner, these 0 values
on the diagonal is replaced by 1. And then it works.

I am quite involved on other topics than ff3d now and I cannot tell you when
this will be fixed. I am not able to measure the work it represent to find this
bug.

I will keep you informed when it is fixed.

Best regards and thank you for the report,
Stéphane.