ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Help with setting Boundary conditions

From: Juzar Thingna
Subject: [ff3d-users] Help with setting Boundary conditions
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:19:47 +0800

Hello Everyone,

I would like to solve the modified Helmholtz equation on a rectangular domain which is divided into 2 parts by a surface at x=0.

I would like to know how can I set the following boundary conditions on the separating surface?

I would like the derivative from one side to be equal to the derivative from the other side + a constant

dnu(u){for x<0}=dnu(u){for x>0}+c

and I would like to have continuity of the function across this surface.

Please could someone guide me how to set this boundary condition.

Regards,

Juzar Thingna
Department of Physics,
Center for Computation Science and Engineering,
National University of Singapore.