fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] RE: New home

From: Mark Horner
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] RE: New home
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:26:37 -0800

Hi Gustav

I was a bit hasty, you are right, no book will ever really be finished. On the site we allow people to contribute in LaTeX or html. When we finalise a draft for the first print edition we have to freeze it and migrate it to a consistent format and then edit it thoroughly. Obviously development should continue towards the second edition but we must have some cut-off for our first release.

At this point the majority of Physics is roughly at the point where a freeze would make sense. I don't want to spend a lot of time right now uploading the Physics content just to freeze it. All of our currently contributing Physics volunteers are comfortable with LaTeX so the self-contained sections that I have distributed are working.

Ultimately Physics must be uploaded but its more a question of timing and manpower for me. Once the draft is being edited I can upload the sections that we consider final to the site and we can continue from there.

Unless you are volunteering to do the uploading ;)

Cheers,

Mark

Gustav Bertram wrote:
Hi,

It may be a mistake not to migrate Physics as well - I don't see how a book
can ever be "finished". There are guaranteed to be mistakes...

Regards,
Gustav Bertram