fhsst-bio

Re: [Fhsst-bio] Strategy for Biology

From: Mark Horner
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-bio] Strategy for Biology
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 10:14:27 -0700

Hi Riaan

I was wondering if you could help us out with a brief Wiki tutorial -
we just started the FHSST Biology book on wikibooks (so there doesn't need to be a ton of conversions this time like with Physics ;) but
we're not yet up to speed on the Wiki side of things.

Could you please help answer Nicole's questions about the contents and pages below?

You can reply to address@hidden so the team sees your advice.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated! I cc'd this to Karien just in case there are any Shuttleworth obligations which make it a problem??

Thanks,

Mark

Graeme & Nicole wrote:
Hi Team

OK - I've made a start, and reorganised a few of the pages. I've added basic
titles where I think things should go, but haven't yet created all of the
page links. The main reason for this, is that we need a template that gives
us a 'back' button and a link to the section index and the contents page and
the front page. I've been adding things manually, which is EXHAUSTING!

Since I don't know how to create the template (I can't make head or tail of
Wiki's information page on templates as they don't give examples that are
comparable) I'm a bit stuck. I know the Physics book has a nice table at the
top of each page giving those links, but I can't figure out how to copy and
adapt it either. My hubbie is a coding whizz, so I might get some time with
him later tonight to figure it out. However, in this midst of all this -
Wiki crashed!

Anyway, have a look, and see what you think you can add/ change.
Thanks
Nicole

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"