fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] IFacts and stuff

From: Mark
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] IFacts and stuff
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:45:05 -0800

Hi Everyone

I have been going through physics inserting interesting facts. The environment is:

\begin{IFact}{fact}
\end{IFact}

I have been trying to mix up contemporary facts like the SALT telescope with some history about people like Galileo or the Tunguska explosion in 1908. I haven't made it through the whole book yet - takes longer than I had hoped. So please
do a CVS update before continuing any editing.

I have also done some trimming and modification of the content that is in the electronics chapter. Things like replacing "electroliminescence"
with "emits light when a current flows" and stuff like that.

I'll try to finish putting IFacts in (at least two per chapter) during the next week and get rid of the \step environment as all the worked examples look
terrible right now with the notes about step being deprecated.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Sorry about the rugby - I think they really need to shorten the season and give the guys a break.
Anyway have a good week.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Horner Jabber/AIM/Yahoo: marknewlyn
Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"