fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] Re: Update

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] Re: Update
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:52:31 -0800

Hi Robert

I had a look at the stuff you've committed and I really like where its going.
Its still early days so I'll leave you to it for now but it looks good - if
anything we might have to tone down the language usage a little but
we'll worry about that later.

We gave a few chapters (forces, momentum and the like) to Case Rijsdijk who
is active in developing educational content in SA and he said our language usage was too advanced even though we'd tried to keep it incredibly simple but we'll get his input again later so just aim for as clear and simple (yet correct of course)
explanations as possible.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Mark

address@hidden wrote:

Mark:

I went ahead and committed my changes to heat.txt, although it
is still completely finished.  I am working on using pstricks
to make an unfinished graph.  I think that I would like to also
include two worked out example problems for the section.  If
you could please tell me anything you would like me to address
in the section, or remove I will gladly do so.  I can definately
talk about many more things, but I felt like the section cannot
be too in depth.  Please give me your critisizm.  Thanks.

Robert Hovden

Quoting Mark <address@hidden>:

Hi Robert

That sounds great. Can I convince you to commit your changes regularly
so there is a backup and
people who use CVS (mostly me) can see whats happening? Its just better
if we keep CVS ticking
over I think. I hope to finally finish waves this weekend and then
things are really close.

Cheers,

Mark

address@hidden wrote:

Mark

I appreciate the check up.  I have completed section 11.2.1
and I am currently finishing 11.2.2.  I am not able to compile
the pstricks figures in the textbook, but I am able to work with
pstricks when I start my own file.  I hope to complete section
11.2 this weekend.  It will probably be 2 or 3 pages, after
which I will pick up another section in chapter 11 (probably 11.1).

Robert HovdenQuoting Mark <address@hidden>:

Hi Robert

I was just wondering how things were going? I am currently at a workshop
and have been hard pressed for time
recently so I just wanted to touch base and check how things are going.

Please let me know how its going?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Horner
Jabber/AIM/Yahoo:   marknewlyn

Co-author:
http://www.nongnu.org/fhsst
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/fhsst

"Life is but a seg-fault away ...

Life received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x42074d40 in calloc () from /lib/i686/liblife.so.6"