fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] Update and progress

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] Update and progress
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 18:30:07 -0700

Hi all

I finally got back to physics a bit - I completed this weekend the core content for the Waves chapter. I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions, I updated the book on the website.

Physics has been a bit messy lately and things are a little disjointed. Its our most complete textbook and I am very keen to get it done now (been working on this blooming thing for 30 months). I'd really like to get a concerted group effort going to kill the outstanding chapters
over the next month or so.

Please could everyone who gets this and is prepared to help out reply to the list so we all
know who is in?

Its been so quiet of late (largely my fault but a PhD seems to be a real pain to get and
there has been quite a bit of admin stuff for FHSST)

I need some help to get it done but I think that with 3 or 4 people we could finally finish the core content. We'll recruit editors from the South African Institute of Physics but we need a complete text first.

The todo list is:

- Optics (Marcu?) - some content from Marcu
- Heat and Properties of Matter (Robert?) - some content from Robert
- Electronics - a lot of stuff I copied from Wikipedia - needs coherence and some stuff added - Modern Physics - only have a cursory explanation of the photo-electric effect, add some stuff on
electromagnetic waves
- Section on Tranformers

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers,