fhsst-physics

RE: [Fhsst-physics] New members!

From: Grichting, Andrew
Subject: RE: [Fhsst-physics] New members!
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:32:23 +1000

Salutations All,

IntrO; I'm a Teacher of Physics based in Melbourne Australia, teaching at a
major state High School (Balwyn High School - www.balwynhs.vic.edu.au). I'm
inovleved in what we call the Rural Physics Project, providing support to
isolated Teachers and Students of physics.

I'm plkeased to be part of this project, even though what I may offer may be
interrupted by the demands of 150 odd students from time to time. I'll start
work on the EMspec as soon as I've perused the current books to get an idea of
style and level.

The school I am working at has been working on providing our own notes and
textbook-supplement for the last 5 years; we found that the local TB publishers
had rather strong opinions on what should be in the course - an opinion that
seems to be at significant variance from the curriculum providers. I can make
these notes available if you'd like to see them, however they are more of a
lecture support nature as against a building-blocks up TB approach.

At this point is there any sort of timeline? Guidelines? Editing process? Style
Documents?

All the Best, and glad to be working with you,
Andrew Grichting.