fhsst-physics

[Fhsst-physics] News and update

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-physics] News and update
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:10:58 -0700

Hi all

I was contacted by Clark Freifeld of Ikamva Youth http://www.ikamvayouth.org about a collaboration.

The rough suggestion is that their tutors use some of our content in their sessions and we get real classroom feedback and suggestions. He suggested the possibility of them providing some content too. He wasn't specifically referring to the Physics book but the chapters Forces through Gravitation are probably our most classroom ready.

To that end Vanessa committed an update of the worked examples in those chapters today and I have updated the pdf file ont he website to include them. Mostly you'll now notice a reduction in the number of bright red "wstep is deprecated use westep" statements in worked examples!

I won't turn any potential contributors/editors away so hopefully we can turn the Ikamva collaboration idea into a good feedback loop.

Cheers,

Mark

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com