fkt-devel

Re: [Fkt-devel] towards fxt 0.2.2

From: François Trahay
Subject: Re: [Fkt-devel] towards fxt 0.2.2
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 14:12:14 +0100

On Thursday 10 March 2011 20:49:50 Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Cédric Augonnet, le Thu 10 Mar 2011 19:30:16 +0100, a écrit :
> > On 10/03/2011 13:31, François Trahay wrote:
> > >I have committed a few things in fxt that fix the support for Mac OS X
> > >and that
> > >record the thread id (before that, it was done only for Marcel).
> > >Since we need an up to date version of fxt in eztrace (we need the
> > >recording
> > >of thread id at least), it would be nice to release a new version of fxt
> > >so that we can publish a new eztrace release.
> > >Is it possible to release fxt 0.2.2 ?
>
> Sure.
>
> > Does this add a syscall for each trace ?
>
> It seems so. That's quite expensive. Can't eztrace explicitly request it
> at runtime?

For now, it is requested during fxt configuration, but i can request it at
runtime. It could be asked when fut_setup is called, but this would add a
parameter to this function and break API compatilibity.

So I think, the best thing to do is to implement functions like
fut_enable_tid_logging and fut_disable_tid_logging.