Re: [Fle3-users] Using links in course context

From: Teemu Leinonen
Subject: Re: [Fle3-users] Using links in course context
Date: Tue Aug 6 14:53:02 2002

Hello,

address@hidden wrote:
Putting HTML in the form gives me an error:

Fle3 is quite paranoid about HTML tags in forms

So currently there is no way to include HTML in course or course context
descriptions. But if there are no objections, I'll change Fle3 to accept
at least some basic tags like <a> and <b> in description fields.

Is there some good reason why we have been so "paranoid" about the HTML tags? Is there some security issues?

I think there should be a possibility to include <a> tag to the course description and course context. Janne, is <b> tag even HTML? :-)

Actually the possibility to include links is really important. Many institutions already have their curriculum and learning materials somewhere in the web and there is no reason to duplicate them inside Fle3. Thank you for raising up this issue.

- Teemu

Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/
Office: + 358 9 756 30 296